Quantity: 1 available
FIRST EDITION. 8vo. 8 3/4 x 5 3/4 inches. [iv], (13) pp. Zamorano logo printed in brick red ink at head of text, as are 2 small "z"s used as section dividers, printed on water-marked paper; text clean, unmarked. Blind-stamped parchment paper over boards; binding square and tight, spine chipped and brittle, patches of wear on front cover. INSCRIBED by Henry O. Wheeler, one of the early members of the Club, on front free end-paper, November 10, 1929. Bookseller's catalog slip laid in. A Good copy of a fragile book. Printed for the Zamorano Club by Bruce McCallister in the month of September, 1929. The Zamorano logo stamped in blind on the front cover and printed in brick-red ink at the head of the text was designed by Bruce McCallister. The materials Bruce McCallister used were notoriously fragile. "This is the first publication after the name Zamorano had been selected; it gives a history of the formation of the Club and a list of its officers and members. It is dedicated to Arthur M. Ellis." Fullerton, et al. The Zamorano Club is a group of bibliophiles in Los Angeles, founded in 1928. PROVENANCE: Henry O. Wheeler (1882-1939) was a founding member of the Zamorano Club, president of the State Mutual Building & Loan Association, organizer of the Friends of the Huntington Library, and past president and trustee of the Southwest Museum. His inscription in this volume is to his brother John in New York, explaining that this is the first Zamorano book, giving date, printer, and the information that paper stock is Kelmscott Handmade "using the new 16-point Jensen type designed by Douglas McMurtrie, dated November 10, 1919." REFERENCE: Fullerton, et al, The Zamorano Club, No. 17.
Title: The Zamorano Club, 1929.
Categories: Zamorano Club,
Edition: First Edition
Publisher: Los Angeles:, The Zamorano Club,: 1929
Book Condition: Used: Good
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: GG217-036
Keywords: The Zamorano Club 1929